Wednesday 22 June 2011

Digital Portfolio Submission


There are many sides to who I am and I have still to discover who I can be and I look forward to it.  Being able to explore my creativity in an environment that not only discover and nurtures new talents but set standard for other to follow, this is a place that I know that I belong.  I am a mother, an artist, designer and educator and proud to hold all these self appointed titles. 
The body has inspired the Collection of work. 

Osteoporosis

Is about the darkness of a disorder and how beautiful that darkness can be, but how do we bring attention to this cause that is so dark and unpalatable.  In My collection I discuss the idea of beautifying a cause to make it palatable.  I hope to draw interest and concern rather than recoil from a disorder that affects so many. 
Osteoporosis is a textile collection using stitch, natural fiber fabric, heat press printing.










Structure of the Ear

Is about the Pin Point Introspective.  Looking back and into inner self, with the way my work is presented tends to visual but I wanted to explore my other strong sense; my pleasure in listen I need to listen to my inner self and surrounding.
Structure of the Ear is a screen/lino printed series printed on watercolour paper with line produced with pencil then scanned and distorted.







All art work was created by Elizabeth Oniri, the screen printed image where photocopied from a medical book and the spliced images are from detailed drawings from a medical book about osteoporosis.
















No comments:

Post a Comment